Son arrested in death of dad, Burbank High football coach

June 25, 2009|By Christopher Cadelago

BURBANK – Burbank Police Officers on Wednesday arrested 19-year-old Noah Loock in connection with the Nov. 29 murder of his father Timothy Loock, assistant football coach at Burbank High School.

Noah Loock faces one felony count of involuntary manslaughter and was released from custody on $25,000 bond. He is due back in Pasadena Superior Court on July 16, authorities said.

The incident occurred shortly before 2 p.m. when police responded to the altercation at the family home in the 1800 block of North Avon Street.


“After a couple of punches, the father fell to the ground,” Burbank Police Sgt. Robert Quesada said. “We don’t know if it was the punches or the fall.”

Timothy Loock, 48, was rendered unconscious and was transported to Providence Saint Joseph’s Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Noah Loock allegedly fled the scene of the fight and later on Nov. 29 was taken into custody and booked for murder, Quesada said.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office filed no charges at that time and the investigation continued until the Los Angeles County coroner’s office ruled the cause of death as homicide.

The county district attorney’s office filed one count of involuntary manslaughter, and an arrest warrant was issued Wednesday.

“Because of the unknown nature of the circumstances, the actual length of the sentence varies and depends on what they look at,” Quesada said.

The Loock family could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Timothy Loock worked in the entertainment industry on post-production for 30 years, according to his profile on the Internet Movie Database. An all-league wide receiver for the class of 1978 at Burbank High, he went on to coach receivers and defensive backs until his death last season.

Noah Loock graduated from Burroughs High School in 2008. His Facebook profile was rendered inactive.

Burbank Leader Articles Burbank Leader Articles