A 43-year-old Alameda woman has filed a claim against the city claiming that she injured herself when she fell on an ax that was negligently left unattended by Burbank firefighters who responded to an emergency call at a local hotel.
The woman, Michelle Russi, was a guest at the Marriott Hotel in Burbank last year when her two daughters got stuck in a hotel elevator because of a problem with a cable on top of the roof, according to the claim.
Hotel management called in the Burbank Fire Department.
Meanwhile, Russi, who didn't know her daughters were trapped in the elevator, exited another elevator on the fourth floor and noticed fire officials in the hallway. While exiting, she stepped on the ax and fell, cutting her back on the tool's blade and injuring her right shoulder, according to the claim.