The church, located at 521 E. Olive Ave., also participates in Family Promise and Lord’s Kitchen, which provides meals to the homeless on the second Saturday of each month in cooperation with other churches and temples in the Burbank area.
The dedication service featured a welcome by Senior Pastor Ross Purdy, remarks by Burbank Mayor Emily Gabel-Luddy, special choral performances led by choir director Andy Henken, and a call to worship led by Rev. Ken Baker, representing the San Fernando Presbytery.
Pastor Andrew Kasberg led the congregation in prayer, followed by Kathy Purdy, who delivered a special message to the children and led them as they accompanied choir members as they sang “God is Here.”
Those attending the dedication included David Keitel and Chris Balzano of Domus Studios, the architectural firm that worked on the renovation project; Councilman Jess Talamantes; John VanderGiessen, chairman of the church’ s property committee; David Lessley, who represented the church in working on the project; and Paul Wemyss, chair of the church’s finance committee.
Also attending was Lessley’s wife, Carolyn, whose father, Rev. Chester M. Buley, was pastor from 1948 to 1958 when the current buildings were constructed.
CAROLYN JACKSON is a member of Burbank First Presbyterian Church.
Burbank police officer indicted on federal corruption charges
Burbank council nixes Walmart appeal
Photo Gallery: Burbank Veterans Day Ceremony