The fire that ripped through a Burbank triplex on Wednesday was reportedly caused by an electrical wiring malfunction and caused an estimated $560,000 in damage, authorities said.
When firefighters arrived to the 700 block of East Palm Avenue Wednesday afternoon, the attic was fully engulfed in flames. Shortly after, the blaze burned through the roof and caused it to collapse into the structure, said Burbank Fire Capt. Peter Hendrickson.
Roughly 50 firefighters battled the blaze, he added. Authorities cleared the scene at 8 p.m., though one firefighter remained there overnight to keep "fire watch."
No injuries were reported.
-- Alene Tchekmedyian, email@example.com