Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: Burbank HomeCollectionsHegarty
IN THE NEWS

Hegarty

FEATURED ARTICLES
LOCAL
By Veronica Rocha | January 4, 2009
DOWNTOWN — A Superior Court judge warned attorneys Tuesday that if they did not start a preliminary hearing for a 41-year-old Burbank man charged with threatening to kill himself and others, he would dismiss the case. A preliminary hearing for Razmik Gharabaki was scheduled to be heard Tuesday in Judge Patrick Hegarty’s Burbank Superior courtroom, but troubles with witnesses, who did not appear at court, pushed attorneys to ask for another court date. “We were ready to proceed, but the people had some witness issues,” Gharabaki’s attorney, Vanessa Munos, said.
NEWS
By Gretchen Meier, gretchen.meier@latimes.com | February 25, 2011
Three Bellarmine-Jefferson High School students on Friday pleaded not guilty to felony charges related to a series of paintball attacks last month on passersby in Burbank. Eric Marcson Lopez — previously identified as Eric Monson — of Tujunga, Kevin Yuenyongsakul of Los Angeles, and Julian Stephens of Studio City, all 18, were charged in Los Angeles Superior Court with multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon. Lopez — a senior captain on the Bellarmine-Jefferson football team this past season — faces 12 counts related to the 13 paintball attacks, which over the course of several days included a girl on a bike, seniors and a 16-year-old boy. Paintballs also hit and defaced buildings.
LOCAL
By Veronica Rocha | December 13, 2008
BURBANK ? A Superior Court judge upheld a $2-million bail Thursday for a 41-year-old Burbank man who was charged with threatening to kill himself and others. Judge Patrick Hegarty denied a request to reduce Razmik Gharabaki?s bail, saying the circumstances of his arrest suggest he intended to hurt many people. ?I think he is a danger to the public,? Hegarty said. ?I think it?s a severe risk to release him to the public.? Gharabaki is charged with second-degree robbery, second-degree commercial burglary, two counts of possession of an assault weapon, carrying a loaded firearm on one?
LOCAL
By Veronica Rocha | December 17, 2008
BURBANK — Three men and a woman pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Superior Count to stabbing a 52-year-old man in a home-invasion robbery and leading police on a high-speed pursuit through the city. Roberto DeSantiago, 24, of San Fernando, Brad Holland, 27, of North Hollywood, Alejandro Rojas, 32, of Sylmar, and Jacqueline Santiago, 30, of Pacoima, appeared Tuesday in Burbank Superior Court, following their arrests early Sunday in the robbery and attempted murder of Daniel Moore, Judge Patrick Hegarty said.
NEWS
By Maria Hsin, maria.hsin@latimes.com | February 7, 2012
Two siblings pleaded not guilty Tuesday to animal cruelty charges related to what police called the “pretty horrific” stabbing death of their aunt's dog in Burbank. Authorities say Charissa Bodtcher, 23, and her brother, 18-year-old Timo Bodtcher, stabbed the cocker spaniel mix, Prince, “numerous” times with a 12-inch hunting knife Saturday at their aunt's home in the 200 block of East Cedar Avenue. The 2-year-old dog was described as medium-sized. They also allege that their mother, Maria Theresa Bodtcher, 47, helped cover up the incident after her children fled the scene, disposing of the knife near a dumpster at a shopping mall near Victory Boulevard and Vineland Avenue.
NEWS
By Max Zimbert | March 10, 2010
[DEVELOPING] A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge on Wednesday postponed the arraignment of a Burbank Unified teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old student so that she can continue to work with authorities, her attorney said. Amy Beck, a 33-year-old teacher at Jordan Middle School, will remain in jail and is working with authorities as they investigate allegations that she had a sexual relationship with a student who was 14 at the time, her attorney, Michael Williamson, said.
LOCAL
November 4, 2006
Forger's helpers sentenced to prison Two accomplices of a man who was sent to state prison for perjury and identity theft were sentenced in Burbank Superior Court on Thursday. Yina Cox, 20, and Alvin Richards, 28, pleaded guilty to fraud and identity theft for assisting Santino Hamilton, 33, in a check-forging scheme. The two were sentenced to up to one year in jail. Cox, who worked as a teller for a Kinecta Credit Union in Hawthorne, stole private information from bank records, using the information along with Richards and Hamilton to cash counterfeit checks throughout Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside counties, Glendale Police Officer John Balian said.
NEWS
November 26, 2003
Jackson Bell A preliminary hearing date has been set for a Burbank man accused of strangling his wife. Joong Myung Kim, who is charged with first-degree murder, appeared in a Burbank courtroom Tuesday dressed in blue prison fatigues and wearing a rosary around his neck. Judge Patrick Hegarty ordered Kim to return on Jan. 6 for his preliminary hearing. Kim, 53, was arrested July 23 after crashing his car on Interstate 15 between Baker and the Nevada state line.
ARTICLES BY DATE
LOCAL
By Veronica Rocha | January 4, 2009
DOWNTOWN — A Superior Court judge warned attorneys Tuesday that if they did not start a preliminary hearing for a 41-year-old Burbank man charged with threatening to kill himself and others, he would dismiss the case. A preliminary hearing for Razmik Gharabaki was scheduled to be heard Tuesday in Judge Patrick Hegarty’s Burbank Superior courtroom, but troubles with witnesses, who did not appear at court, pushed attorneys to ask for another court date. “We were ready to proceed, but the people had some witness issues,” Gharabaki’s attorney, Vanessa Munos, said.
Advertisement
Burbank Leader Articles Burbank Leader Articles
|